Thursday, November 12, 2015

Jydam

The bronze sculpture for 2015, Jydam.  She has a bit of a classical Greco-Roman flair.  I finished up the last of the small stuff on the sculpt yesterday.  Even though I don't think she's totally finished, (there is never a sculpture in existence that is totally finished...)  she's as close as she's gonna get to being done in my book.  I'm happy with the outcome.  The sculpt is in white primer form at the moment, but I think that she'll look really good when she's done in a traditional bronze patina - and also polished metal bronze form - with a marble base. 

There's also a special thank you to my friend Eishan for helping me to translate and correctly spell the name in the native language.  One of the dictionaries had the name mis-spelled with a "C" (Cydam) when in reality the native speakers pronounce it with a "J" instead.  Makes me wonder if us western speakers are butchering the native Turkmen horses names when we register them...

But now that the sculpt is done, I just have to get my butt in gear and sell a crapload of models in order to pay for the foundry mold and casting.  Yay!

"Jydam" meaning patience in Turkmen.  Small shoulder bust, sculpture measures roughly 5.75" x 6" inches in size.

No comments:

Post a Comment