Monday, January 23, 2017

So, this new project of mine has a couple of objectives: 

#1  I have just purchased a saddleseat tack set that needs an appropriate model.
#2  The challenge of reworking a rough resin to fit the above said tack set.
#3  And, the most difficult part - dealing with a rider doll and making clothing for it.  A first for me!

This is going to be a challenge.

Pictured below is my little saddleseat tack that I just purchased from Germany.  I've got another older saddleseat set already, but it's set up specifically for a TWH, (with the straight breast collar and fancy shank bit).  I purchased that set around 14 years ago, and for a short time I showed it on a traditional sized hackney model.  The hackney really wasn't very appropriate for it, (as they are mostly a carriage breed), so I've come to the conclusion that I really need to create a more appropriate model for the new tack set.  (Later on, I should probably create a more appropriate model for the TWH tack as well....)
My new set was made by Steffi Honrath of Golden Creek Saddlery in Germany.  It's shown on a Peter Stone saddlebred, but the model that I will be creating will be from a different manufacturer.

Below are some inspirational videos below of kind-of what I'm shooting for with this whole project:


This one made me tear up a bit....  This is Scotty, a registered saddlebred that was rescued from the New Holland slaughter auction.  I love that his owner shows him almost totally natural.  He has some small wedges for the front, but there are definitely no stacks and no tail set.  (And if you watch, she shows against other competitors that do have them on their horses.)  I give her great respect for saving the horse and getting him out to competing "au-natural".


Another good inspiration for this project, kids having a great time!


And lastly, this one cracked me up.  We all need these types of horses in our lives, the good old school masters that help teaching small children how to learn to ride.  This horse is such a sweet old gem! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment