Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Very Busy September

September is proving to be a very busy and stressful month.  Big time.  Lots of things going on, and not enough time to sit down and relax for a second....

The Eddie McMurdo show is coming up this weekend, and I'll be taking Tommy over to the Walla Walla fairgrounds to the show.  I was planning on riding sidesaddle in the Round-Up parade again this year on Nettie, but decided to do the show in Walla Walla instead.  (I won't have enough time to do both, so I figured that the show was probably a more important event...)  This show will be interesting, as there is a light breed (morgan) judge from Roseburg that will be there.  I'm nervous as hell about how we'll do, but crossing my fingers that we'll do okay.  I'll also post an interesting entry about my show saddle and tack after the show... (just remind me, or I'll forget to do it....)

And the Akhal Teke Association of America conference is coming up the following weekend in Seattle, (21st through the 23rd).  Craig and I are planning on driving up on Saturday and heading back home after the awards ceremony.  It's a few hours drive, so we'll feed the animals early in the morning, and make it back home very late at night to feed again.  I've been busily finishing up all the plaques and special awards stuff for the nominee's in the registry.  I'll hopefully post a few quick photos next week before we head off to the conference.

I had planned on doing another endurance ride in October, but unfortunately Ox (Octopelle) hasn't been getting the conditioning and attention that it takes to do the distance for next month.  He's getting fairly out of shape due to my other commitments, and my bank account for traveling is completely blown at the moment as well.... So, we'll probably opt to veto that ride, and attend the first ride of the season for next year.  Hopefully we'll be more prepared and in shape by then... (all three of us! the bank account, the horse, and the rider...)

My painting backlog is getting totally bogged under once again.  It didn't take very long.  I can never say 'no' very well to customers who are lined up waiting to pay for paintwork.... so I've pretty much totally buried myself again, probably not going to see the light of day until next spring.  I'll morph into a cave troll this winter, slogging around in the studio with a myriad of projects. 

And still waiting on the photos from the Pink Ribbon Classic.  I ordered a bunch of them.... but they're still not here yet....

Oh yeah, and Craig has a "new/old" car that we're totally overhauling in the garage too.  It's a tag-team effort for both of us.  He's got the engine running fairly well with some more minor work in a few areas yet to do, and I gutted the interior out of it today.  I'm going to put my old leather sewing maching to work and re-upholster the seats and side panels in it.  The car also needs painted, so we're sanding it down and prepping it for paintwork.  I've already told him that I'm not too thrilled about painting a car, as they're huge and take up a lot of space and time.  But we're both going to tackle it, and hopefully the car won't manage to kill us in the process... 

And did I mention that I'm currently painting his motorcycle at the moment too....? 

Whatever else can I manage to squeeze into the month of September? 

No comments:

Post a Comment