Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pictures

I forgot to post some in-progress photos when we were working on the bathroom, so here are a few belated ones. It is almost completely done now! Yay!!! We had a goal of being done by Christmas, and it was pretty close. I will take some finished pictures in the next few days and post them. The transformation has been pretty cool.
My wonderful husband cutting some new drywall pieces to replace the old rotten stuff. Both of us never want to deal with any more rot issues for the rest of our lives now!
I spent two weeks completely caked in drywall dust, literally. If you've ever worked with walling "mud" - it's a real trip to deal with. Many times at night I would cook dinner looking like the pillsbury dough boy, and the vaccuum cleaner got clogged at least 10 times vaccuming that damned crap up. I met a drywall expert a few years back, and I can now say that I have a whole new world of respect for a person in that professional field! Holy crap, it's a real job sanding walls.
"Big Bertha". Craig and I picked up a corner jacuzzi tub at Home Depot when it went on sale. We purchased it for a very reasonable price and built a supporting frame and a plywood skeletal front for it. It's turned out really beautifully for the room. A great BIG whopping focal point when you walk in to use the can.

No comments:

Post a Comment