Friday, August 12, 2016

My second gigantic batch of freezer jam for the year.  I've made about 3 gallons of jam so far.  At this rate Craig and I will be eating toast for the rest of our lives!  Luckily this stuff keeps in the freezer for a long time.



The first batch that I made earlier in the year was a "mixed berry" from the garden consisting of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and rhubarb mixed together.  (It's really yummy tasting jam with all of those ingredients.)  This second batch pictured above is wild blackberry, cherry, and rhubarb. 

My rhubarb plants did really well this year, and I was able to get three cuttings from them.  The first cutting went to a friend to make her own jam batches with, and the last two cuttings were for our own freezer jam.  I love gardening!  It's so rewarding making your own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment