Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The male hummingbird managed to sit still long enough for me to get a picture of him this morning!  It was a rare opportunity, because he usually never stays in one spot for very long.  He's a pretty little bird with a metallic green back and white tips at the end of his tail.  I guess that I'll have to come up with a name for him too...


My "el cheapo" Walmart camera strains and groans to get very clear photos when it has to zoom in such an enormous way


I'm glad that he felt comfortable enough to perch in the lilacs for awhile this morning.  Such a cute little handsome fellow.  =:)

And while I was taking photos of the male, Humma stopped by the feeder to grab a drink.  I'm bummed out that the iron rod that holds the feeder up was in the way... it would've been a cute shot of her


I think that these two probably have a nest somewhere, but it would be a miracle if I was ever able to find it.  They are so tiny! 
I found this stock photo on the internet of the actual size of a hummer nest with a size comparison to a penny:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment