Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Gripe, or Rant, or Just Plain Feeling Sorry For Myself...

I'm allowed to let off steam on my own blog, right? Or feel sorry for myself, or go kick a can around in the driveway..... yeah, good grief. I'm 10 going on 30....

Here it is: I still haven’t convinced my husband yet to travel over to Idaho to attend the multi-day endurance races. (We are not that far away from the border.) He thinks that it is a universe far, far, away that we’ll get sucked into the nexus of oblivion and never return from. I agree that any horse related activity in today’s economy can be expensive – and money is generally a good thing to have to enjoy events with – but, should we honestly stop living and cut out all of the fun in our lives? Personally, endurance is the greatest joy of my life at the moment and nothing else compares. I believe that I’m only here on this earth for one time, so I’m going to plan on enjoying things a bit while I’m here. Love my husband to death, but he can be a real buzz-kill sometimes. But maybe he's getting tired of camping out? I dunno, I'll have to ask him...

On the other hand I have also had to come to terms with the fact that my little studio hobby painting business will not support the feed bills of the animals plus any extra-cirricular activities that I want to run off and do. So there it is. A grim reality staring me in the face. I have to give in and mumble and grumble to myself in silence. Craig is right, that I need to pull in more dough to go out and play with. Damnit, I hate when he's right.

I guess that I'm amidst a sea of other horsie folks out there in this economically challenging time; I can wish in one hand and crapola in the other and see which one fills up faster...... =:) Someday I will get over to Idaho to enjoy the Teeter's week long distance rides. Someday, oh yes, someday it will happen......
-Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment